Latest Badminton News and Articles

Saina loses to Wang

1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
Category: Badminton News
Published: 22 January 2010
Posted by Hits: 1155

Xin Wang was ruthless in dismissing Saina Nehwal 14-21 21-8 21-11, ending the world No 7’s campaign at the Malaysia Super Series in the quarter-finals at the Putra Stadium in Kuala Lumpur on Friday.


Such was the Chinese world No 10’s ferocity that a three-game match was wrapped up in 39 minutes despite Nehwal having taken the opening game comfortably. The Indian hardly seemed like she could wrest away the lead in the remaining two games.


Playing the Chinese at the same venue after almost half a year, Nehwal would have hoped for a better result than her 26-minute drubbing from their last meeting. The Hyderabad player started well, breaking away at 4-4 with three straight points in the first game and holding on with her drops and tosses and clears. Nehwal, though, struggled to come back from the early hefty leads taken by the 24-year-old Chinese in both the second and the third game and trailed throughout, with little to offer at the net or her big smash as Xin completed her second victory over the Indian with trademark hustle.

Comment (0) Hits: 1155

Saina sails into Malaysian Super Series quarters (pic)

1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
Category: Badminton News
Published: 21 January 2010
Posted by Hits: 719

NEW DELHI: Ace shuttler Saina Nehwal cruised to the quarter-finals with a straight-game win but Chetan Anand bite the dust in the singles event Saina sails into Malaysian Super Series quarters

of the Malaysian Super Series tournament in Kuala Lumpur on Thursday.

Seventh seed Saina thumped Japanese Ai Goto 21-19, 21-12 in just 29 minutes to set up a clash with unseeded Xin Wang of China.

Wang stunned third seed Dane Tine Rasmussen 13-21, 21-16, 21-19 in another women's singles pre-quarterfinal match.

However, it was a disappointing day for Chetan as the national champion went down fighting

Comment (0) Hits: 719

PBSI Calls In Big Guns for Thomas and Uber Cups (pic)

1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
Category: Badminton News
Published: 21 January 2010
Posted by Hits: 804

If there was any doubt as to the importance of the Thomas and Uber Cups, the latest move by the Indonesian Badminton Association should provide more than sufficient proof. Former Olympic champion and professional badminton player Taufik Hidayat.

With no title in the world’s top team tournaments since 2002, the association, also known as the PBSI, plans to call in Indonesia’s best shuttlers, including those who have walked away from the national team.

Indonesia has a record 13 Thomas Cup titles, but it has not won the men’s tournament since 2002. The Indonesian women last won in 1994 and 1996, the only hiccup in China’s run of titles since 1984.


Lin Dan: Why I’m still out of action

1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
Category: Badminton News
Published: 21 January 2010
Posted by Hits: 1154

BEIJING: Recent impressive performances by Lee Chong Wei have raised the alarm on Chinese badminton star Lin Dan.

The world No. 2, who withdrew from the Malaysian Open, said that his arch rival showed great promises in the Korean Open, winning the title without dropping a game in five matches last week.

“Although I did not go to Seoul, I followed the tournament closely. Chong Wei is now really in great form. He is a very well-rounded and world-class player,” Lin Dan told from his training base here on Tuesday.

On why he withdrew from the Malaysian Open, Lin Dan said that he wanted to train harder and regain tip-top form before going to Kuala Lumpur to compete in the tournament.

“But I have not adjusted to the best of condition. If I go for competitions in a hurry, I will not only be unable to play to my best ability but I will also risk getting injured,” he said.

He added that it was inevitable that other Chinese singles players, Chen Jin and Bao Chunlai, could not play to their true ability in the Korean Open as they had not been training systematically thus far.

Lin Dan said that he would start his season with the defence of the All-England title in Birmingham in March.

Comment (0) Hits: 1154

Malaysia Open - Chong Wei makes second round, Hafiz crashes out (pic)

1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
Category: Badminton News
Published: 21 January 2010
Posted by Hits: 720

MOHD Hafiz Hashim (pic) had made a thorough preparation for the Malaysian Open. But it was a miserable start to the season for him, crashing to a very demoralising first-round de­­feat at the Putra Stadium in Bukit Jalil yesterday.

It was also the end of the road for seasoned campaigner Wong Choong Hann and back-up shuttlers Chan Kwong Beng and Tan Chun Seang.

And it was world No. 1 and top seed Lee Chong Wei who saved the blushes for Malaysia on the first day of action in the second leg Super Series men’s singles competition, advancing to the second round in superb style.




Google Plus

Replays: China Open 2015

2015 China Open Badminton Videos

Watch Replays

Related Badminton News

  • Recent News
  • Popular
Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong battle into Thailand Open final

Bangkok: Koo Kien Keat/Tan Boon Heong stormed into Thailand

Lee Chong Wei beats Kento Momota to lead Petaling Jaya over Ampang Jaya

Kuala Lumpur: Lee Chong Wei who was making his maiden appear

P.V. Sindhu downs Akane Yamaguchi to set up Minatsu Mitani final at Macau Open

Macau: Two-time Macau Open defending champion P.V Sindhu's e

Historic ranking milestone for Zhao Yunlei/Zhang Nan

Kuala Lumpur: It's getting hard to keep track of all the mix

Lin Dan displays smoking hot body to promote his own line of underwear collection

Beijing: HOT! HOT! HOT! Lin Dan shows off his super fit and

Lee Chong Wei is back! (video)

By: When He Loses, You Stay With Him!Wh

Recommended badminton news for you