Latest Badminton News and Articles

Penalties on players, coaches in badminton match-throwing scandal reduced

1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
Category: Badminton News Published: 29 August 2012
Posted by Hits: 626

SEOUL, South Korea  - Badminton authorities in South Korea have eased penalties against four players who tried to lose their last group matches at the London Olympics.

A Badminton Korea Association disciplinary committee had earlier barred the two women's doubles pairs from international and domestic play for two years after they were ejected from the Olympics for trying to deliberately lose in order to gain an easier path to the final. The players appealed for leniency.

The association lowered the punishment to six months on Wednesday, saying their earlier decision was too harsh.

The association says the players' two coaches are barred from working for the national team for four years. They had previously been expelled from the association.

Two other doubles teams, from China and Indonesia, also were kicked out of the Olympics.

  • No comments found



Google Plus


Replays: Sudirman Cup 2015

2015 Sudirman Cup badminton video

Watch Replays

  • Recent News
  • Popular
Ajay Jayaram to play Chen Long in Korea Open final

Seoul: Beaten twice this year by Chou Tien Chen of Chinese T

Koo Kien Keat & Tan Boon Heong advance, Lin Dan exits Korea Open

Seoul: Koo Kien Keat and Tan Boon Heong were in sizzling for

Saina Nehwal: Carolina Marin is beatable

Bengaluru: World No. 1 shuttler Saina Nehwal on Friday said

Historic ranking milestone for Zhao Yunlei/Zhang Nan

Kuala Lumpur: It's getting hard to keep track of all the mix

Lin Dan displays smoking hot body to promote his own line of underwear collection

Beijing: HOT! HOT! HOT! Lin Dan shows off his super fit and

Lee Chong Wei is back! (video)

By: When He Loses, You Stay With Him!Wh

Recommended badminton news for you