KUALA LUMPUR: National men’s doubles shuttler Koo Kien Keat will report for training at Stadium Juara in Bukit Kiara this week.
The 29-year-old Kien Keat failed to turn up since training resumed after the Chinese New Year break on Feb 4. But he had informed the Badminton Association of Malaysia (BAM) of his intention to go for an eye treatment. He went for the treatment last Monday.
Earlier, there were speculations that Kien Keat was not interested to play badminton any more.
On Monday, Kien Keat said he would report for training and wait for the BAM’s decision on his future in the national team.
Kien Keat and his partner Tan Boon Heong have been dropped from competing in any international tournaments since their first-round defeat in the Malaysian Open last month.
The national No. 1, former Asian Games and All-England champions, were not entered for the German Open Grand Prix Gold from Feb 25-March 2 and the All-England from March 4-9.
“I went for a laser eye treatment. I am good now. I should be able to resume training. I have a few things to sort out and I should be back at the training centre on Tuesday or Wednesday,” said Kien Keat when met at his former team-mate Robert Lin Woon Fui’s marriage to national No. 3 squash player Delia Arnold on Sunday night.
“For now, it is better that I just focus on giving my best in training. The BAM have not made any decision yet and it is best that I wait quietly and patiently,” added Kien Keat, who is expecting the arrival of his first child next month.