Scoring System for Badminton Doubles
Rules for Badminton Men's Doubles, Women's Doubles, and Mixed DoublesRules for Badminton Men's Doubles, Women's Doubles, and Mixed Doubles
- Badminton Doubles is a match consists of the best of 3 games of 21 points.
- Every time there is a serve – there is a point scored.
- The side winning a rally adds a point to its score.
- At 20 all, the side which gains a 2 point lead first, wins that game.
- At 29 all, the side scoring the 30th point, wins that game.
- The side winning a game serves first in the next game.
Rules and Regulations for Badminon Doubles
- A side has only one ‘service’.
- The service passes consecutively to the players as shown in the video.
- At the beginning of the game and when the score is even, the server serves from the right service court. When it is odd, the server serves from the left court.
- If the serving side wins a rally, the serving side scores a point and the same server serves again from the alternate service court.
- If the receiving side wins a rally, the receiving side scores a point. The receiving side becomes the new serving side.
- The players do not change their respective service courts until they win a point when their side is serving.
Watch the video below (produced by BadmintonPlanet.com) , to learn more about the scoring system during a doubles tournament: