Kuala Lumpur: Denmark’s Viktor Axelsen remained in the number one spot of the Badminton World Federation (BWF) world singles rankings released on Thursday, while Malaysia’s Lee Chong Wei climbed up to No. 6.
Axelsen, the reigning world champion, was followed by Korea’s Son Wan Ho with 74,398 points, and Kidambi Srikanth of India in the third place.
Last week’s China Open champion, Chen Long of China surged one position to No. 4 while Lin Dan dropped to the fifth spot.
In women’s singles rankings, last week’s China Open winner Akane Yamaguchi came in second, after Tai Tzu Ying of Taiwan.
Additionally, Marcus Fernaldi Gideon/Kevin Sanjaya Sukamuljo of Indonesia and Mathias Boe/Carsten Mogensen of Denmark remained the top two men’s doubles pairs in the world, ahead of Li Junhui/Liu Yuchen of China.
The current BWF men’s singles rankings and point scores are as follows:
1. Viktor Axelsen (Denmark), 79,580 Points.
2. Son Wan Ho (Korea), 74,398 Points.
3. Kidambi Srikanth (India), 73,403 Points.
4. Chen Long (China), 69,296 Points.
5. Lin Dan (China), 68,746 Points.
6. Lee Chong Wei (Malaysia), 66,644 Points.
7. Chou Tien Chen (Taiwan), 65,791 Points.
8. Shi Yuqi (China), 60,947 Points.
9. Ng Ka Long Angus (Hong Kong), 60,129 Points.
10. H. S. Prannoy (India), 53,285 Points.