The Chinese officials and doctors have decided to postpon Bao's knee Operation and to let him train until the end of May, said Li Yongbo on Tuesday to Chinese Press. The expert have guessed that the recovery chances after operation was 70 % and hence wanted to try a training recovery period first.
This means the tall left hander will miss both the Asian Badminton Championships next week in Suwon as well as the Sudirman Cup. Bao had earlier said he was willing to undergo surgery as soon as possible. This training period might have another consequence as Bao may then not have enough points to qualify for the World Championships in Hyderabad, India.